The process for transferring domain names to another registrar partially depends on your new registrar.
To Transfer Domain Names to Another Registrar
- Advise us that you are transferring the domain name by submitting a support ticket.
- Check with your new registrar to see if you need an authorization code. (Some domain name extensions do not require this code.) If you need an authorization code, please let us know and we will generate one for you.
- Initiate the domain name transfer at your new registrar. You might need to consult the other registrar’s Help or support for specific instructions.
- Authorize the transfer in your account with the new registrar.
- The registry notifies us, and then we email you instructions to complete the transfer. If you do not accept or deny the transfer request in your account with us within five days, the transfer will be completed automatically.
- The registry notifies your new registrar of the transfer’s acceptance or rejection.
- We email you confirmation when the transfer completes. A transfer between registrars takes five to seven days to complete after you authorize it.